I know we love love, so I've been scouring the internet for the best plus size Valentine's Day outfits! Every year when I post mine, I get tons of comments asking where to get the pieces. Don't wait until they're sold out or until it's too late to order. Grab some cute pink, red, or heart-adorned pieces to help you feel the love this January and February! 🙂
I have absolutely loved getting to cook a Thanksgiving dinner these past couple of years, and this year is no different! This year, we are cooking just for the two of us, so we eliminated a dish or two, but all-in-all we are excited for a feast!
I wanted to share some recipes with you just in case you're still looking for some last minute inspiration for your Thanksgiving or you just want to make a nice meal any time this holiday season.
My favorite dish from holidays growing up is Scalloped Corn. A lot of people haven't heard of it, but it's a must-have for me.
Fall fashion has always been my favorite time of year. It's all about pretty oranges, yellows, and reds. It's also fun to embrace the spooky side before Thanksgiving rolls in and we fully embrace all things autumnal.
I have gathered a collection of my favorite Fall fashion posts here as a portfolio for your review. I hope we can work together to make something amazing this year. View my pitch deck, and scroll down to find my rate sheet and example posts.
You Just Got Engaged. Now what?!
So you’re engaged! That’s amazing news. I know how exciting and overwhelming it can be to share this news with everyone. You want to enjoy some time with your partner, but you’re also excited to iron out some details. (Because EVERYONE is asking.)
Here are some of the first steps I took the weeks after our engagement.
- Start a spreadsheet in Google docs and share it with your partner. You can make as many tabs as you’d like at the bottom so you can keep track of all kinds of lists and budgets in one place.
- Start a guest list. You and your partner should keep your lists separate at first to keep organizing easier. (We did ours in the same tab, but kept the lists in different columns.)We decided to each make 3 lists: the people who will definitely be there, people who might show up, and people we will invite but don’t expect to show up. This way we can gauge how big a venue we require before getting the exact number from RSVPs.
- Start a budget. Maybe you don’t know what your budget is yet, but you should still make a list of everything that is going to have a cost. Down to the smallest details like your mani/pedi the week of the wedding or buying your partner a new pair of shoes for the ceremony.
- Start a list of potential venues and vendors. Get quotes and estimate how much each would cost for your estimated guest number.
- Figure out an approximate date. Now, I have a date in my head that we are using, but I’m not announcing it until we choose a venue and know that we can reserve everything we want for that date. Otherwise I have a couple back-ups within the same month that I’ll be happy with.
- Tour venues and sample catering and other vendors. If you’re like me, you have a big window to do all of your planning in. I am starting the venue search early to ensure we can get our preferred date and figure out budgets. I’m also considering whether we want to find a venue that takes care of catering and bar all as one package or having to coordinate all of that separately. There are pros and cons to both, so I’m getting a head start.There will probably be some wedding showcase events in your city where you can meet vendors and see (or taste) examples of their work. This should be a super fun time to get to take it all in and let the vendors convince you why you should choose them!
- Wedding dress shopping. This can start pretty early, but I know many women are hesitant to buy too early due to size fluctuations. I get it. But what harm is there is learning about styles you love, ones you don’t, and shopping around until you find your right fit? Especially if you’re plus size like me, you’ll want to start looking so you don’t feel like you’re rushed into buying something you’re not in love with.
This is about as far as I’ve made it so far in the first 3 weeks! I have not started going into dress shops yet since I have over a year left to go, but I do plan on starting soon! And my first venue tour is booked for a week from now.
Follow my wedding planning journey and all my other daily shenanigans at WandererNicole on Instagram.
Who's ready for plus size halloween finds?
Don't pretend you aren't excited for autumn, and with that, SPOOKY SEASON. As much as I have loved enjoying summer activities, Fall always has my heart. And while I used to dislike all the fuss about Halloween, the last few years have taught me how fun it can be if. you just embrace the spook! That's why I've compiled this collection of early Spooky Season finds.
Everything here should be available in plus sizes at least up to 3x if not beyond. Some things may sell out, but I tried to make sure it was all available now. And I will try to continue updating it as more things become available or sell out.
Where is your favorite place to shop for Spooky Season essentials? DM me on Instagram if I haven't included your fave!
Below, find my top picks from my favorite online glasses store - Eye Buy Direct! Click on a style to be redirected to their website, add your prescription, and maybe even some fun tint for sunglasses, and you're ready to rock a new pair of frames!
I have curated this list of Sioux Falls, SD Black-Owned Businesses as a resource for those who would like to support these businesses.
This list is crowd-sourced using local Facebook groups. Please notify me of any errors, missing businesses, or updates.
Entertainment & Media:
Home & Lawn:
Sports & Recreation:
My third and last #gifted Lane Bryant holiday look is here! I chose this pretty red lace top to go with my high waisted black jeggings. I thought this outfit would feel more casual, yet still dressy enough to attend a Christmas party! The top is so pretty and has a nice shape to it! The jeggings come up nice and high so you don't have to worry about them cutting into your tummy or gapping!
The links in this post are all tracked/affiliate. Use these links so Lane Bryant knows you're shopping with me! 🙂
Thank you to Lane Bryant for sponsoring this post! All opinions are my own.
For my second holiday party look gifted from Lane Bryant, I chose this absolutely gorgeous Floral Chiffon Faux-Wrap Dress! I fell in love with this dress instantly when I saw it on the website, and then again when I tried it on in-store. The wrap top doesn't do the awkward gapping thing most wrap dresses do on me, and the cute tie on the side of the waist is a nice detail! I also love the sheer sleeves and the pretty red flowers! This feels like it could be very Christmas-y, but also could be taken way out of that context in the middle of summer!
I paired this dress with the sheer tights as well, since it's November in South Dakota and we like it COLD around here. I also kept the cute booties from the last look because they're such a nice addition to the outfit!
All the links on this blog are tracked/affiliate links. Make sure to shop through my links so LB knows you're shopping with me. 🙂
I was given the incredible opportunity to collaborate with Lane Bryant for their Holiday Styling Event! I've put together three looks with Lane Bryant's new arrivals for the holiday season! Enjoy my first look!
This first outfit made me feel SO FABULOUS. This velvet dress is just form-fitting enough to show off my curves without making me feel self-conscious. The sequins on the dress prove that less is more - there aren't a ton of sequins, but they still make quite the statement!
I rarely wear jewelry, but for this party look, I knew I needed to elevate the glam. These matching earrings and necklace made me feel so pretty!
-Note: I did shorten this necklace a bit to fit with this neckline! Opt for a shorter necklace if you love this dress as much as me!
Affiliate links for this outfit: